About Me

I live with two very lively cats called Jason and Milly who are either keeping me entertained or else giving me grey hairs. Whether I’m laughing hysterically at Jason swinging off the curtains or cringing with embarrassment as Milly digs a hole in my neighbour’s flower bed as we’re chatting, there’s never a dull moment! I hope you enjoy these stories, whether you do or don’t have cats. if you have any stories of your own, please do share them!

Sunday 19 May 2013

Kitten Diary - The Little Monsters - Week 18

Week 18 – they go out!

Just after Christmas, we have them spayed and neutered; they make a swift recovery and we plan to let them out one weekend in February. Both of us are terrified that they will run off and never come back - however they need to go out or they will destroy our house completely!

That morning I open the back door and see how they react. The once feisty cats are suddenly timid – peeking their heads out and sniffing carefully. Milly is the first out (again) and Jason follows sheepishly. They sniff the patio area, looking all around them and then suddenly start to run and jump everywhere. It is lovely to watch as they absolutely adore being out and are so excited by all the new sights and smells. They are very good and confine themselves to our back garden for a good hour, moving to our neighbours garden after that but going no further. After a few hours I call them in for food and they come. That's quite enough excitement for one day!


We're not too big to both squeeze on your lap!
My cats are now 20 months old and I am incredibly fond of them. They don't cause the mayhem they did before, but they still have their moments. Even though he weighs about 5 and a half kilos, Jason likes to go up the curtain every now and again. He launches himself at it bodily and you can see the curtain rail bend under his weight so we grab him off pretty damn quickly!

Milly likes to run around like a crazy cat every now and then, jumping at shadows and pouncing on nothing. However they are great entertainment value and I wouldn't trade them in for more placid cats for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment